Do you have hair that is two or three days old after washing and you can no longer wear it loose? At the same time, you have to go out and want a simple and charming summer hairstyle that is done in minutes? Girls of all ages, welcome to the world of the quick and easy low bun that you can make yourself without having to use any special equipment!
Easy, quick, and chic low bun to do yourself
Let’s start with an easy and quick low bun that you can do alone in front of the mirror at home. Whether you are looking for a hairstyle idea for a teenage girl, a 50+ woman, or you fall somewhere in between, this shaping is universal. On top of that, this plated bun looks very chic and you can wear it even at a special event. Here are the few stages of its realization:
Photo tutorial: how to make a star plated bun
1. Start with your hair down, parted as you normally would. Since this is a plated hairstyle, the second or third day after shampooing works best with this style. Spray a little conditioning mist on the lengths to give them more shine and make them more malleable. A good alternative is to use a dab or two of leave-in conditioner to texture as light as possible.
2. Then use a soft bristle brush to straighten your hair and tie it into a low tight ponytail. Apply a little gel to smooth the hairs towards the head. In addition, it will give more hold to the final hairstyle.
3. We arrive at the key moment. Using your fingers to hold the ponytail in place, start twisting your hair around the base with your other hand. Twist, twist, twist, while pressing down with your thumb to hold the base steady. It may take a few tries, but don’t be discouraged! In the end, it’s by forging that you become a blacksmith, isn’t it?
4. When you’re happy with the result, secure the resulting bun with a regular ponytail elastic. You will probably notice a few hairs sticking out, but don’t worry too much as the problem can be easily corrected.
5. To tame flyaways, use a few loose pins and tie the disobedient hair around your bun. If it looks slightly off-center to the right or left, you can gently move it to the middle. Don’t worry, this easy low bun doesn’t have to be perfect to look chic!
6. Finally, perfect the hairstyle by spraying some strong hold hairspray, and voila!
Make a messy bun – the top trends for summer 2021
If you find the plated bun is too neat for you, you will totally fall in love with our next proposition! This is an easy tousled low bun that is done in no time. The secret to success with this relaxed yet elegant hairstyle is to lightly back her hair back before you tie it up.
As you can see in the images above, this is a kind of knotted bun also known as a knotted cord. The good news is, you don’t necessarily have to hire a professional to enjoy her beauty. Check out the video to follow and find out how to make this easy and super trendy low bun yourself.
Original hairstyle: easy and very artistic low bun
Start, as usual, with a low ponytail. If you have thin hair, you might want to treat it with your favorite texturizer first to give it a bit more volume. Then, divide the ponytail into four equal sections. Take the first section and pin it to the left of the base of the ponytail with a twist pin that matches your hair color.
Take the section on the opposite side and do the same on the right. Then take the top section and pin it just above the ponytail elastic. Now that all of your sections are pinned, grab the end of any section, twist it lightly, and create a loop. Pin its end in place with a bobby pin.
Repeat this same step with the rest of your sections, trying to keep all of the loops roughly the same size. Once you’ve pinned all of your sections, you can pull any section lightly to adjust its size and create the finished look. You can keep this easy low bun smooth and polished or let a few hairs fall to give it a somewhat messy look.
Easy low bun ideas for short hair
Rest assured, just because you have short hair doesn’t mean you have to give up the elegance and charisma that the low bun normally carries with you. A subtle trick is to use a kind of donut-shaped sponge specially designed to give the illusion of more volume and to facilitate the fixation of the strands.