Le Cellier: Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds Russet potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk*, warmed in a microwave or on a stovetop
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Boil cut potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover them. Cook until tender. Drain water and place potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Mash potatoes using a potato masher or blend on low using an electric mixer. Add in the softened cream cheese, butter, warm milk, salt and pepper to taste. Mix on low until all ingredients are well incorporated. *For creamier potatoes, add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time then blend or stir.