Jump-Start Weight Loss – Keto Diet Egg Fast
What is the Egg Fast Diet? You guessed it! In a nutshell (and no, you can’t eat nuts on this one, sorry) Eggs! You spend anywhere from 3 to 5 days consuming meals and snacks of only eggs and bulletproof coffee! You may also add cheese to the list!
The Egg Fast Diet is perfect for jump-starting your weight loss or breaking through that stubborn plateau! The diet is deficient in carbs, high in fat, and moderate protein. The Egg Fast puts your body into active ketosis, causing rapid fat burning! The secret to long term success with the Egg Fast is to continue to cycle through and periodically do the egg fast in-between your regular diet. Most diet goers of the Egg Fast follow a low carb, Keto, or Adkins diet, but that’s not to say that the Egg Fast can’t help any diet goer who is trying to push past that plateau and lose their last few pounds!
How Does Ketosis Work
When you eliminate your intake of carbohydrates and put your body into ketosis, you are decreasing your insulin production (which is the culprit of fat-storing) therefore causing your body to release the already stored fat into energy. Being in ketosis stabilizes your blood sugar levels and maintains your muscle mass while burning fat, unlike low-calorie diets that also cause you to lose muscle. Another perk of the Egg Fast Diet is that it targets stubborn belly fat!
The very first time I tried the Egg Fast Diet, I noticed that my chronic bloating was drastically reduced. My face and neck looked and felt thinner. By day 2, I was already shedding pounds, and after five days, I had lost 11 lbs! I have since continued to cycle through the Egg Fast Diet periodically to keep my weight loss in check. I lost 70 pounds in a matter of 6 months following the Keto Diet and using the Egg Fast about every other month. Keep in mind that not every diet works the same for everybody. Some people cycle through the Egg Fast every 3 to 4 Weeks.
The only drawback that I experienced in this diet is that it can get boring fast, and you have to keep your egg recipes creative.
1. Follow Egg Fast for 3 to 5 days at a time. (note, it’s not recommended to follow more than five days)
2. Start your day off with a cup of bulletproof coffee!
3. Consume 3 to 5 meals a day consisting of eggs and have a minimum of at least two eggs per meal.
4. Don’t skip breakfast, and your first meal should be consumed before 10 am, and you should not go longer than 4 hours before you eat again.
5. For every egg, you consume a tablespoon of fat with it, which could consist of butter, coconut oil, cream cheese, non-processed cheese, or sugar-free mayo.
6. You are allowed 6oz of non-processed cheese that can be added to meals or eaten as a snack
7. Your last meal of the day should be before 7 pm
8. You can use spices or seasoning on your eggs as long as they don’t contain any carbs, make sure to read the label.
9. Lastly, drink plenty of water to help flush out fat and toxins
Wishing you all the best in your weight loss journey!
Note: I am not a nutrition specialist, and it is always a good idea to use caution and consult your physician before starting any diet!
You can try find out more about
Jump Start Weight Loss – Keto Diet Egg Fast