After many turns in my life, I am back on my blog again and I will be for quite a while! I am unfortuantly not going back to college next semester and I am taking a semester off. God is up to something in my life and I am so excited to see what He has in store. Not being able to return to school is something I never expected would happen, and it was a very hard decision to make. I will return to school in the Fall and Lord willing apply to the nursing program. I am really excited to see what the Lord has planned for me in the next eight months. In the mean time, I am going to occupy myself with spending time in the Bible, growing closer to the Lord, and last but not least cooking and working. I am really excited for this next chapter in my life and of course I am so happy to be back with my amazing family. Now time for food!!!!
I figure this healthy recipe would be a good way to bring in the New Year. I know I definitely need to incorporate healthy foods back into my diet. Like everyone, the holidays are so hard to eat healthy! All the pie, fudge, cookies and the crazy amount of carbs were too hard for me to resist. So, it’s time for me to get back on track. This Avocado Tuna Salad is so refreshing and in my mom’s words, “it just taste so healthy.” We got some fresh tuna from a friend and we had some ripe avocados, so this recipe was a must! It has some ingredients you wouldn’t expect, but together they are great! I like this recipe, because there is no mayonnaise making it a lot healthier! This recipe is also great because of it’s versatility, it can be used on a sandwich, on a salad or as a dip.
Avocado Tuna Salad
- 2 cans of flaked light tuna or 8-10 ounces fresh tuna
- 1 large ripe avocado or 2 small avocados
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 red apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- 1 T pickle juice
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mash up avocado with the back of a fork.
- Add in tuna, celery, red onion, apple and walnuts. Mix well.
- Add in pickle juice, dried dill, dijon, cumin and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve on bread, top on salad or eat plain with crackers.
- Will keep up to 1 week in refrigerator.
You can try find out more about
Avocado Tuna Salad