This is by far the best healthy meal I have ever made/created. Most of the time, my cooking goes something like this: see an inspiration, collect what ingredients I have, throw stuff in, hope it tastes good. I like to experiment and I don’t follow recipes very often. When you know what kinds of things taste well together and what adds flavor, you can change recipes to fit your needs. A lot of times I don’t have all of the ingredients and I want to make it healthier, so I improvise and experiment. Luckily, my food usually turns out pretty great.
This recipe is so great because it combines health with comfort food. I really love eating healthy, but sometimes we all need a bit of comfort food. With this recipe, you can feel the comfort without feeling guilty.
You can use regular pasta for this dish if quinoa pasta isn’t your thing, but I think the quinoa pasta elbows are so good. I use the Ancient Harvest brand, which most grocery stores carry.
Quinoa Pasta Greek Yogurt Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cups chicken
- 1/2 onion
- 8 oz elbow quinoa pasta (1 box)
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 4 oz plain greek yogurt
- 8 oz 2% shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Lawry’s garlic salt
1. Cook quinoa pasta as directed and drain
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat
3. Place cubed chicken in skillet and season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt
4. After chicken is browned, add diced onion (you can add more olive oil if needed)
5. After chicken is cooked and onions are translucent (around 10 minutes), add two handful of washed spinach and cook until wilted
6. Add cooked pasta to the skillet
7.Add all of the cheese straight to the skillet and stir
8. Once the cheese is mostly melted, add the greek yogurt and stir
9. Add extra salt and pepper if needed
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!!