MOIST AND FLUFFY CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups plain hot coffee
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
BEST CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 6 cup confectioners sugar sifted
- 16 tablespoons butter 2 sticks
- 1 1/3 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream may need more or less
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Salt generous pinch
- Preheat oven to 325. F.
- Grease and flour 3 (9-inch cake pans), set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil.
- Mix in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla extract, buttermilk, and hot coffee until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans (I did about 2 cups per pan)
- Bake on middle rack for about 25 minutes. (Do not overbake. Cakes should look moist on the tops)
- Remove from oven and let the cakes sit in hot pans until warm to the touch.
- Carefully, remove from pans and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Meanwhile make the frosting by combining powder sugar, butter and cocoa powder in a large bowl until crumbly.
- Gradually add in enough heavy whipping cream to achieve your desired texture.
- Mix in vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- When cakes have cooled frost and enjoy. (Cake gets even better the next day!)
You can try find out more about
BEST HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CAKE