One of my favourite sweet treats is this beautiful caramel slice. It’s so simple to make, and always gets rave reviews…I just can’t help but share it.
You will need…
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 120g melted butter
- 60g butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 can condensed milk
- 120g chocolate
- 60g copha
- 50g white chocolate to drizzle
1. For the base, prepare a 20cmx20cm slice tin with baking paper. Mix flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl and then stir in melted butter. When combined, press mixture into slice tin firmly and evenly. Bake in pre-heated oven at 160 deg c for 20 minutes until just golden. Set aside until cool.
2. To make the caramel, place butter, syrup and condensed milk in a large microwave proof bowl. Cook in microwave on high for 7 minutes until thick and golden.
3. Gently pour caramel onto the base. Place the tin back into the oven for 20 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
4. Gently melt chocolate and copha in a microwave proof bowl in the microwave on a low setting. Once melted and combined, pour copra and chocolate mixture over the top of the cooled caramel.
5. In a new bowl, melt white chocolate in microwave. Once completely melted, drizzle white chocolate over the top of the caramel slice. (I find using a fork is a good tool for drizzling). Gently place in fridge and refrigerate for 4 hours of until completely cool. Cut into slices and enjoy with your favourite cup of tea.
You can try find out more about