Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop: Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
*makes 4 dozen (2 1/2-inch) cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 11 ounce bag of Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer. Gradually add the flour mixture into the creamed mixture. Stir in nuts (optional) and chocolate chips. Drop tablespoons of dough onto an ungreased (or parchment-lined) cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 9 – 11 minutes until light golden brown. Let cool on racks for at least 5 minutes.
Enjoy with a tall glass of cold milk!