Le Cellier: Maple Syrup (Pecan) Pie
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy maple syrup (real maple syrup, not flavored)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
- Whipped cream or ice cream, for topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Blend together butter, maple syrup, brown sugar and salt. Stir in eggs, one at at time until well blended. Mix in pecan halves. Pour into the unbaked pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 40 – 45 minutes or until firm. Let cool completely. Top with a dollop of whipped cream or scoop of ice cream before serving.